Search This Blog

"2017" a year of Living in Plenitude with much Joy and Gratitude!

Give yourself the gift of Love!
You deserve to give and receive the best of the best!
#Faith+Hope


Thursday, February 26, 2015

One Healthy Habit at a Time #1



If I can exercise it, YOU CAN DO IT!
A couple of years ago, I wrote several articles addressing  some of my concerns while trying  to improve my health, and enjoy life again. There was a time of  deep need for considerations, keeping track of all the symptom, and try to compare with medical information and other  resources available about Fibromyalgia.
A chronic disease like this, is just a  health condition that give us the opportunity to review our life style and consider some changes and adjustments that include detailed observation to our diet, and our life.
During those years of observation, trying to figure out what was affecting my health so bad, i found out that carbohydrates and sugar, plus some other products needs to be reduced from my diet...so the path of changing some habits in my kitchen started in 2009.
Healthy eating is not an easy task, but I found out that it is a great way to start seeing results. Of course we need great disposition, awareness, time, preparation (with good information), organization, will power (to make the adjustment on the selection of the ingredients and  moderation with quantity) . I even learned to watch the number of meals and snacks a day. So, now I am prepared for those occasions, when I don't have the time or the energy to prepare a healthy meal.
The best thing I have found during these years, of learning about living a healthy life,  trying, failing to do what I need to do, and starting again, is that organization and preparation does help. Either that you decide to prepare food in advance, or plan your menu ahead of time and purchase the products that help you to make healthy choices, you will win a tremendous battle, because you will be ready to substitute products, keeping good quality on what you have available to choose. So, be prepared for those too busy days, get your protein shake, fruits, vegetables and nutrition bars handy at home, office, lunch bag and in your handbag. They are the best help we can get when we are working on adopting new habits, we need to keep going, and still take care of ourselves. Try it for a month, and let me know how you feel about it.

Healthy eating habits, require a discipline that I didn't have, but I understood that it make a difference in my life, so I have being willing to learn how to do it, one step at a time, day by day, even when its not always too easy. The bottom line is that I want to ENJOY LIFE again, but not as a random "one good day", I have been working instead, on building strengths on my new experience of joy and wellness for the rest of my life.

Considering that for the majority of us life start changing during the middle age, its great to see young adult already aware of the importance of taking care of their body with good nutrition and exercise. I wish I have had their determination and self-discipline on my 20's or 30's. Don't get me wrong, I was still energetic, fitted and beautiful, but with no clue about the consequences of having such bad nutrition habits. I was so irresponsible on that aspect, that I wasn't taking good care of my most important asset, my health. So, of course I was used to eat a lot of carbs, red meet, and spend long hours of work without eating breakfast and some time passing lunch time. What a life style, does this ring a bell to you? ...But wait,  to make it worst, I have had to add a lot of coffee during my normal days.
In my culture, in the Venezuela that I remember, every office  you visit, as a vendor, will have somebody that will offer you a cup of coffee as their welcoming protocol, and of course, I was always open for a tasteful cup of coffee. Now, consider that as a sales person for industrial products, I needed to visit several departments in the same company. So,  having an average of visits from 6 to 8 customers per day give me and average of at least 10 cup of coffee daily. I wonder why I was always so active and always on the go.
It's my hope that this article get on time to people that need to reflect on their daily routines, those that can make a change before getting sick.  If you are that person, I pray that you start thinking in yourself with clear understanding of the importance of your health, so that you make assertive decisions, which would lead you to preventive actions.
Wishing you a wonderful health!




My next article about Health and Wellness will bring an insight about the importance of  BEING PERSISTENT.





* One Simple Step that can make a difference in your search for a healthier lifestyle. For those busy days, instead of not eating anything or getting fat food, THINK SMART, BE PREPARED with  Complete Nutrition Bars;
great source of protein and fiber, non dairy, gluten free, low glycemic, omega3's, and 100% vegan.
#One Healthy Habit = MR101

No comments:

Translate